The Cantina di Monteforte d’Alpone was constituted in March of 1952 like a society between 80 winegrowers of the zone, with the common love for the land and the grapevine ,in a sunny area of hills, dedicated to preserve the quality of wine.
Actually, the Cantina di Monteforte S.c.a. amount to 600 members with 1300 hectares of vineyard (the 80 % is D.O.C.).The Cantina di Monteforte is set around the entrance of Val d’ Alpone zone, famous in the world for the Bolca’s fossils and Soave Classico.
The lands by which come from the grapes are mainly hill and of volcanic origin and give to the wines an unmistakable taste. The exposition of the vineyards and the mild climate complete the harmony and delicacy of bouquet with floral reminiscent of hawthorn,
elder and violet flowers, and with a pleasant almond aftertaste.
The vinification and the cure used to the preparation of the wines are the results of a great technology closely tie to the tradition.
The distinctions in the several national and international contests and the various appreciations of the tasters about the wines of Cantina di Monteforte d’ Alpone, encourage the managers to go on with a constant improvement through the recover of old abandoned but qualifier vineyards like the Trebbiano di Soave, and also through breeding systems of new vineyards finalize to the maximum qualitative result.